G-TOX stumble


Well- this is not a G-tox for the weak... at all... Once you fall off the wagon (which I did at HH's baby shower- mind you not with food, but champagne, and more champagne, and more champagne....) to the end of that event which led to my cheat dinner that night, which led to my thought, "a new day tomorrow" which led to me Have ass-ing it sense then... but,
TOMORROW really is a new day- and a new start for the G-TOX! The best part of it is that everyone around me has been so supportive- from my hubs Ken, to my friend, Liz (who is hard cord what what!), to my boss- Sara! It is amazing how many people have done or are doing a G-tox and are such an encouragement to me. It is not easy, but it is worth it- once you get the kinks worked out!
There are temptations... I am tempted daily by the building with the pink awning- calling my name from anywhere on this island really! (Donut Palace)

I wish I were wired different- I wish I was a person who craved fruits and veggie, but I am not- I am a person who CRAVES donuts and then more donuts... but I am inspired once again by situations, people on my pathway, and my future to really take a LOOOOOOOONNNNNGGG hard look at what goes in my body. I am TRYING everyday to change my thinking from a girl who eats because it tastes good to the girl who eats because it is good for me. I have noticed since my slip off the wagon- how I have changed towards how food makes me feel. Diet cokes are too sweet now that is a PLUS! I LOVE coffee in the morning... but I can't break up with my creamer- got to have a reason to keep going. I love the advocare protein shake- yum! and psyllium husk- you taste good in nothing- period. I am about to take Ken's advice and just "take it as a shot" and most like throw up after...

The song "What if I stumble, what if I fall" is playing in my head as I type this- but it is a new day tomorrow and a new chance to change every step you take from here on out... you will stumble, so will I again, but I truly believe that those stumbles are the ones that grow you.

It's like anything else hard- if it were easy- EVERYONE would do it!
Can I get an AMEN?!?!?
XOXO,
Putting my big girl panties on and dealing with it!

PS- the shower for Hayley was precious! LOVE HER!

2 comments:

  1. You are doing so great Erin - and I love you no matter what! I am always here to motivate you and get you back on the wagon, just like friends should :) you do the same for me! XOXO! So proud of you for writing on this - it is HARD!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erin - I am so proud of you for not giving up. You are doing WONDERS for your body and will teach your daughters by example. I stay focused on what I want to feel like in 20 years when I see that bag of chips calling my name.

    ReplyDelete