Lesson Learned

Big ol' lesson learned on the G Tox: body still needs food.

I was working at a golf tournament yesterday and I KNEW BETTER - I knew they wouldn't have the right kind of food there. Even though breakfast was promising (Chik-fil-A had fruit cups and I grabbed one of those to hold me over), lunch consisted of a hot dog and chips.

I stared at it. What in the H-E-Double Hockey Sticks was I going to do with that?!?

I made a game time decision: eat a few bites of hot dog without the bun, and a few chips.

OK and maybe I'm now G Tox cray-cray, but my tummy instantly rebelled and said "NO MA'AM" - it literally hurt from eating a handful of chips and two bites of hot dog. I pulled some emergency almonds out of my purse and chowed, vowing to make a stellar dinner when I was home and done with the tournament.

I did: I grilled a chicken breast (shared with Cat), made some whole grain brown rice and black beans, and a fresh pico out of tomatoes, onion, jalapenos and avocado. I was famished. Never before had I felt empty or starving on the G Tox but my body definitely told me "Sister, you need to EAT!"

This brought up a few important points for me.

One, I am going to carry a ziploc with a scoop of protein powder and my psyllium husk in my purse. I can find a bottle of water anywhere, meaning, LUNCH. I was unprepared and I paid the price for it.

Two, listen to your body. Mary Claire was very specific in telling me that this is not about deprivation. This is about emptying your body of toxins and bad things, refilling it with new ones. If you are HUNGRY? Truly HUNGRY? Eat something, dangit - but make sure it's unprocessed! Listen to your body and what it's telling you. Do chips and a gross hot dog in a white bun make your stomach turn? PUT IT DOWN.

Pay attention to how your body feels...

Because it will thank you in so many ways.

Aside, I have shed a few pounds, my skin looks aaaahhhhmazing, and I feel like I have a ton of energy. I feel...GOOD. Just good. And that's what this is all about!

No comments:

Post a Comment